Wednesday, January 12, 2011

OOTD: Casual Comfort + Anthro Fitting Room Reviews

It's 2:30am and I can't sleep! Maybe because I just moved in to my amazing apartment on Monday and am getting used to it. Or maybe because I didn't have school today so I got to sleep in! It's amazing not having school on Tues/Thurs. All the moving in is the reason why I haven't been posting lately. Hopefully when I get settled in I'll start taking pics of my outfits. For now, here's a shot of me when I went shopping for the last time before school kicked off.

 In This Outfit:
Sweater: American Eagle
Pants: J.Crew
Boots: Anthro Gilgarran Boots
Necklace: Forever 21

Look About Blouse::Style #19107341::$98::Size Medium
I never took a second glance at this blouse until I saw it styled with the In the Trees Skirt. I was mesmerized and totally in love. I was scared that this blouse was going to sell out since they kept disappearing every time I would walk into a store. They're even just about sold out online. I actually tried on this blouse before, but it didn't really impress me. Here I tried on the medium which was the smallest size I found. I actually sorta liked the bagginess of the blouse but hoped to find it in an xs.


 Thankfully on a rack in the dressing room I spotted a lonely xs just waiting for me to grab my hands on it! As you can see the fit is way better. I would say size down 1 or 2 sizes because this top runs big. Unfortunately, smaller girls will size out of this blouse unless they tuck it in which is totally doable. The fabric is divine and that print and color! Needless to say this blouse came home with me due to the tragedy of it selling out in my size. Hopefully I can get a PA, but if not I still think it's worth the splurge.


 Hellebore Sweater Skirt::Style #19514165::Now $69.95::Size Small
I came to love sweater skirts after purchasing the Tria Sweater Skirt and the Marston Sweater Skirt. I could tell this skirt would stretch over not so much time so I would say to size down. The small fit, but even when I tried it on for a couple of minutes I could tell I would need an extra small. I love the print and the details of this skirt, but I'm not sure I need another yellow sweater skirt. I have one on hold and will have to read more reviews and check the versatility of the skirt before I bite the bullet.

Fancified Boatneck::Style #19411289::Now $29.95::Size Small
This top got on my special wishlist even before I tried it on. I apologize for this lil number that I am wearing. I think I just didn't feel like putting my pants on to review this top so I wore the skirt with it which looks awful. Back to the top, I thought I would like the lilac version better but it didn't do anything for me. Maybe because I already own the Stripes & Lights Tee. I would definitely go with the navy version. I absolutely adore the lace detailing on the shoulder. The size small worked well and I wouldn't size up or down so I would say this fits TTS.

 Soft-Structured Dress::Style #20180055::$148::Size Small
This dress is probably the only dress that really caught my eye from all the new arrivals. The material is super soft and the dress is like a second skin. Sadly, I felt kind of old in it. It didn't have a very youthful feeling for me. I like the side view, but the front view didn't amaze me. Looking at the pictures now I don't think it looks that bad. I might still consider this on sale because it'd be an easy work outfit. Wow, I think I'm actually talking myself into this one so I would definitely buy this one once it hits sale.




Those are the reviews! Sorry I didn't have anymore. I tried on other things, but they just didn't feel worthy enough to take shots of. Next time I promise I'll take pictures regardless of how I feel or look for your benefit. Please let me know if there's anything you want me to try on as I'll probably be going to my local store this weekend!

Alright, I think I'm ready to go to bed. Time to face my doom of my first day of my last semester of college in the morning. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment