Wednesday, February 16, 2011

OOTD: Meet my new best friend, Elodie Lily

I've been longing for this cardigan for some time now and am ecstatic to snag one up in my size! Ebay has been my go to shop over Anthropologie lately and I'm very pleased. My one tip for your lost Anthro items is to never give up! Sooner or later, they'll turn up!


I recently found an item on my list that I completely thought was a lost cause. I wasn't sure if I should get it because the price is pretty steep, but today in my senior Business Strategy Capstone class we had a quiz competition against the 3 other teams. I was shaking because I was so nervous. Why was I so nervous for a competition that only provided a pizza party? Well I do love my pizza, but with that aside I didn't want to look like a fool! I'm in charge of the marketing department in our "business" and I had to go head to head against the other marketers on the other team. I didn't want to look like a fool and let my team down. All I wanted to do was answer one question and you know what? I answered the first one along with several others and our team won!

 I've never been so excited to win something like this because now our competition knows who's in it to win it. I know I haven't explained this class to the fullest, but basically there's 4 teams and we all think of a new product/service and basically start a business. At the end of the semester we have to make a presentation to my school's business board and convince them why they should invest $5 million (of pretend money) into our business. So that's why this class is such a big deal and why I'm ecstatic that our team won! With all that said, I decided to purchase the long lost Anthro item that I've been dying to own and you bet you'll see pictures soon!

In This Outfit:
Top: Anthro Stripes & Lights Tee
Cardigan: Elodie Lily Cardigan
Skirt: J. Crew Double Serge Cotton Pencil Skirt w/ Bow
Shoes: Hallowed Halls Oxfords
Necklace: American Eagle necklace

10 comments:

  1. Just curious what size you took in that cardigan since I browse for it on eBay although was never able to try it on when it was in stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nina! I never tried on the cardi in stores either. I read the reviews and a lot of people said to size up so I took a medium in this. When it arrived I thought it was too big and I could probably fit into a small, but the medium is the best fit for my bust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of that skirt. So vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks JG! It's one of my fave skirts and the color reminds me of Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hopping over from Anthroholic's reader outfits. I love the colors in this outfit. That skirt is seriously amazing with that cardi!


    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  6. btw, I notice we have a similar waist size, I've always been curious about the jcrew double serge skirts. But I was worried about fitting my hips and my waist (waist: 27", hips: 37"). Which size do you take in this skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lori! I took a size 4 in the skirt and it fits like a dream. It's actually my first J. Crew skirt so I was skeptical since I never tried it on but it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Ally! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a four then :)

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ally, you are adorable! I just scrolled through your outfits and love your personal sense of style! This outfit is darling and so happy you were able to locate this cardigan. I found mine very randomly last year for $30, and never letting it go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori: no problem! I hope you find the skirt and wear it to your heart's content! =)

    Dea: Thank you sooo much! You are a very lucky girl for finding this cardi for only $30! I love when I find amazing pieces at random.

    ReplyDelete